Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bude to Ilfracombe. well, nearly.

 

This trip almost cements my growing desire to stitch together all the fantastic areas I have had the pleasure of paddling.

2 weeks ago I enjoyed a fantastic kayak from Lyme Regis to Lulworth Cove. If you remember the previous post, you will see I went from PLymouth to Lyme. Having paddled round Cornwall for charity just before Morwenna was born, it only makes sense to connect this trip together with the paddle out to Lundy I did with John Kellie 8 years ago.

You can probably see where this is going. Its really only a small leap of faith to do the trip from Lundy to the Gower and then the Gower to Pembrokeshire the the circle is complete. Then I can really allow myself the sense of completion.

Anyway, recently married Will Batho joined me on this leg of the journey, and much fun ensued. We cut the trip short by finishing at Appledore and got some welcome help with the shuttle from Nick, Jenny and Amy. Hope you can come on many other weekends like this Will.

No comments: